Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Uninstall old version of PowerShell Remoting before install newer version.
- Write Server Information & Error to EventLog (Source: PowerShellRemoting). Log file will no longer be used by newer version.
- SSL support using SSLStream.
Warning: SSL is for advanced user.
If you want to provide SSL support to server, you should
- Get X509 certificate for server. For testing purpose, you can use makecert.exe (included in .NET framework SDK)
- Install X509 certificate at StoreLocation: LocalMachine, StoreName: My (personal).
- Grand "NetworkService" account read access to X509 certificate associated private key file.
- Set [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PowerShellRemoting\Parameters\ X509] to thumbprint of X509 Certificate.
There is pretty good walkthrough at John Howard's blog.
Links to this post: